Sunday dinners

I set out on Friday to buy meat and fish from local butchers in the hope of avoiding plastic wrapping... but I don't.  A good local butcher and fishmonger both wrap my purchases in plastic and, because there are queues, I'm not brave enough to ask about alternatives.

This is my first challenge.  I will send out a few emails to ask whether I can turn up with my own re-usable container or whether paper can be used to wrap my future purchases.

And my second challenge.  The magazines in the Sunday Times come wrapped in thin plastic.  And I know this practice is widespread. I don't think the plastic is recyclable... but I will check.

On the case...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpro Soya cartons - recyclable or not?

Compostable v Recyclable v Degradable/biodegradable

Magazine wrappers: Single-use... or recyclable. How can I tell?