Magazine wrappers: Single-use... or recyclable. How can I tell?

So I buy newspapers on Saturdays and Sundays and the magazines come wrapped in a thin plastic transparent wrapper.   I assume that this is single-use, non-recyclable plastic... but is it?  There is nothing on it anywhere to say it is recyclable.  So I email the Sunday Times to find out.  

I receive a prompt answer, as follows:


Dear Frances Green,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the polybag.

Thank you for your inquiry. I can confirm the outer packaging is recyclable.

Thank you for contacting The Times and The Sunday Times. I hope you have a fantastic day. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Robert Smith
Online Customer Services







So, it turns out that the plastics wrappers ARE recyclable... in theory. But what about in practice, in Hertfordshire?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpro Soya cartons - recyclable or not?

Compostable v Recyclable v Degradable/biodegradable